Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yikes! What Now?

I just got word from CrossLink Publishing that my book, Gratitude Greens, will be starting to print sometime next week. That means I need to get on the ball and start the marketing process of letting everyone I know as well as tons of people I don't know that there is a new book on the market. Let me just say, this is NOT my strong suit. I am not a sales person, and pushing my own product on people goes against the very grain of who I am. Unfortunately, in today's publishing world, it seems that it is up to the author to market a book (unless of course you are a famous, well-known author and the publishing company knows that just mentioning you will sell thousands of copies). But, that's not me, so here I am...trying to figure out how to throw a Book Launch Party for myself.  Google helps a lot, but it's still completely up to me how big I want it to be, how much advertising I want to do for it and how much debt I want to get into in order to meet my own expectations.

To be honest with you, I didn't even think about actually selling Gratitude Greens during the writing process or even when I started researching publishers. I just wanted to write about what God had put on my heart, and I really wanted to see my book in my own hands, professionally designed cover and all!

Well, I don't technically have my physical book in my hands as of yet, but I have gotten a chance to preview and approve the cover design.  So fun!  But now the real work begins...

It's really hard to throw a party celebrating your own accomplishments. Try it and see!

So, I have decided to enlist the help of those closest to me, the friends and family members that know me best and are almost as excited as I am about Gratitude Greens. I am excited, nervous and very uncertain about what the next few months will bring, but I will definitely keep my blog up-to-date on the process (and the party!).

My number one goal through this entire process is to make sure it's about God, how He wants others to be reached and encouraged and making sure He gets all the glory.  

Wish me luck, say a few prayers and e-mail or comment if you have any great ideas for a book launch party!

1 comment:

  1. To God be the glory, Amen to that! It is the reason why everything (including our selves) was created. And it's the most beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete