Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Praying For You

            How many times have you told someone you would pray for them or their loved one?  How often do you actually follow through with prayer?  I hope it's often.  I hope it's every time. 
            Unfortunately, I've found myself forgetting time and time again to follow through with consistent prayer for another person.  I'm ashamed of this, and I've asked God to help me grow in this area.
         
            So, now I pray every morning for my husband, my daughter and my son in the order they got up that day.  I often choose a topic or a theme for each one for a week or two, focusing on an area in their lives I want to cover in prayer. 
            I have also asked God to make me blatantly aware of and responsible for the times I tell coworkers, friends or others that I will pray for their situation. 
            We are called to carry each other in prayer.  I don't want to take this lightly, and I definitely would like others to remember me in prayer when it's needed. 

James 5:16 (ESV)

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The prayer of the righteous person has great power as it is working.

Make sure to follow through when you tell someone you will be praying for them. If you have trouble with this, ask God to make you acutely aware of the times you utter the words, "I'll be praying for you," and don't say them if you don't mean them.
(Excerpt taken from Gratitude Greens)

No comments:

Post a Comment