Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What If?

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.                              Psalm 16:8 NIV

Fear is crippling. Worry stops us in our tracks. They distract us from the present and keep our focus on what we don't want instead of what we do want. Fear and worry say:
                                               
                                                       
                                                              I can't.
     It's too hard.
     What if I fail?
     What if I'm not good enough?
     What if nobody cares?
      How will I know?
     What if I don't have what it takes?



We all hear these types of messages from time to time, but do you know what you're really thinking and saying when you repeat them and believe them?

                                               You're saying to God,
                                                 "I don't trust you." 

Just let that sink in for a minute.......

Do you claim to know and trust God?  If so, ask yourself these questions:

 *Do you think your problems are too big or too complicated for God?
 *Do you think you know how to handle them better than He does?
 *Do you think God is big enough to create and manage the universe but is unable to handle your life?
 *Do you think God doesn't understand your worries?

I bet your answer would be "No" to all of those things.  Mine would too. However, I have come to realize that when I fret over my children's future and safety or when I continue to worry about finances or health problems, I am forgetting that God told me to "Cast all my cares upon Him."  Sometimes I have to remind myself that:

                                                    God Is Greater

He is greater than all my problems--past, present and future.  His abilities far outweigh anything I can possibly imagine, and nothing is going to happen that He doesn't allow.

When you find yourself worrying about anything--real or perceived, known or unknown--give it to God. And leave it there!

Why is this so important?  Because worry lives in the future. Worry paralyzes your heart. Worry drains your joy. Worry warps your perspective, and it strangles your faith.

God calls us to trust Him. Try to make it a practice this week to lay your worries and fears down before the Lord. Show your trust in Him. Revel in the peace He gives you, and find joy in the lightness that comes from a worry-free heart. And, last but not least, remember:

                                                  GOD IS GREATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment